Today is 11/22/2017, the time around around 7:00pm, the place Fry's #58. My name is Alavina Doherty and I am an almost daily shopper at Fry's #58.

Tonight I went to buy a few dessert items with my teenage daughter. We were ready to check out in check stand #4 and we were putting our items on the conveyor belt; the cashier was taking care of the customer in front of us and we were readying to be checked out. My daughter asked if she should remove the case of Fry's water underneath our cart, I told her to just leave it there since they have the cashier has the upc code on the round assembly to make checking heavy items and other items much more easily. The cashier then in check stand #5 [older female with glasses] walked over to our register and said, "They have a case of water under their cart".

I then told that other cashier that we weren't done putting all our groceries on the conveyor belt....then cashier from #5 basically accused us of STEALING!!! I told cashier #5 that I was EXTREMELY ANGRY that she would accuse us of stealing, especially since most of the employees know me since I shop there nearly every day. I told her we were not trying to steal the case of water, we were going to tell the cashier [as we always do!] so she could scan the upc code from above the counter so we wouldn't hurt ourselves and it is easier for the cashier too. Then cashier #5 said something that stunned me and pissed me off more than you can imagine.

She said, "Well, I have seen customers steal much more than just a case of water!" I am a cage manager at Desert Diamond Casino, have over 30 years customer service experience, and I would be fired if I ever said what cashier #5 said to me. I yelled at her to mind her own business and I am so angry I cannot see continuing on shopping at Fry's #58; we expected to spend $20 on dessert but spent $80.69 in total. We also have close family and friends who shop daily at Fry's #58 and we will be telling them of the HORRIBLE treatment we received from cashier #5 and being busy is no excuse for that kind of treatment! We realize that this store experiences high amount of theft; but accusing customers who always pay for what they shop for should not be treated like those who choose not to.

Maybe they should go back to "door greeters" like they used to have in Fry's instead of now using "off-duty" TPD officers and other law enforcement who are on overtime; the employees at each exit were nicer and more efficient too. Back to what I was saying. My daughter and I went home, dropped off the groceries, and since I was getting madder and madder I chose to speak to the Store Manager who is Larry Russell. He was standing by the self check out with another younger male clerk helping him there.

I asked if I could speak to him and he said OK but seemed to be more interested in watching the customers at the self checkout then listening to my valid and urgent customer service complaint. I started to give him the details and he cut me off and said, "I will speak to the cashier and I am sorry for what happened". He didn't even hear from me that the cashier "accused me and my daughter of stealing" before he rudely cut me off. I realize it was a busy time for customers but I am a customer too; and one who was horribly treated first by a rude cashier and secondly by a store manager too busy to listen to what I had to say.

He had a helping male clerk with him and there is NO excuse for his attitude and treatment of me and my daughter. Well, that settles it, I am going to shop at Wal-mart off of Campbell and I-19; I shop almost every day at Fry's #58 and so do many of my friends, family, and relatives. I guarantee you they will not be shopping at Fry's#58 after the way I have been horribly treated by both a rude cashier and a "pre-occupied" store manager. I now see why the customer service has gone bad since the last manager left and his name was Saul; he was much more responsive, willing to listen, and made the customers feel welcomed and appreciated.

It is more convenient for me to shop at Fry's #58, but I will not step foot in that store after being treated so horribly by a rude cashier and a preoccupied store manager.

I know what I am saying, I have 30 years of customer service management experience at DDCE. Most angrily, Alavina Doherty 11/22/2017

Review about: Frys Food Stores Cashier.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Rudeness of employees and management.

Comments

Still have not heard anything yet as of 12/23/17.