Frys Food Stores - Tired of getting BAD meat!

I have shopped at the Frys on Baseline & Power in Mesa, AZ for almost 7 years.The last 6 months have been so different.

The meat department looks awful. Always see bad food for sale. The 'new' folks that work in that department are rude & not helpful at all. I never returned any food there till a couple of months ago..

Chicken, opened the package of breast and the fat on the bottom was gray! Then last week had company for dinner, husband opened up a package of baby back ribs, OMG the smell was so bad! He was so made he took them back himself , I found hamburger I had in the freezer so was going to make spaghetti sauce. I fried the meat up and it smelled really bad, had to trash that too.

I go to the pharmacy there (nicest people work in pharmacy dept) and had to wait so I looked around. Found a good deal on hamburger so I bought two packages, came home to separate it into half pound packages and freeze them. Just opened one of them, I took a picture. It was so nice and red looking.

removed top layer of meat and found it all very dark on the inside.

So it was obvious that they took old meat and covered it up!I will NEVER by ANY meat from Frys again!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 13, 2014 #804863 Phoenix, Arizona

The wrapping of fresh meat over older meat is a tried-and-true procedure of bad butchers (or bad procedures instituted by the market).

0 0 Reply

Jan 08, 2014 #770276 Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Call your local health department and report them before someone gets real sick or dies from food poisioning.

0 0 Reply

Jan 07, 2014 #770095 Stafford, Virginia

Ground beef will turn colors from the light. But the stench is from being around too long. Do you check the sell by dates

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Frys Food Stores. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Frys Food Stores.
Filing a new complaint about