Mr. Steve McKinney, after a recent shopping experience at your Fry's store in phoenix Arizona on Cactus and 40th street I am coming to the conclusion it may be necessary to change my grocery store. While my preferred shopper card continues to greet me as a preferred customer i have over looked past issues understanding that errors happen. There are 3 visits that are impacting my decision to change my shopping habits to a competitor.

1) i place a 1200.00 order for sandwich platters, veggie platters and fruit platters. This was to serve to 225 employe's. (our company does this several times during the year appx 6-10 times) Upon arriving to pick up the order it was determined the employee who took my order failed to turn it in. I sat and waiting while the food was prepared. Upon arriving to work i received a call that 6-8 platters had been forgotten. So i drove 30 min each way to retrieve the additional platters so there was enough food for all employees,

2) After doing my shopping I noticed the total bill was higher that i anticipated. I stood in line at customer service to determine that the employee entered a coupon (off a existing purchase) that negated all the special sale items. I was given the difference back which amounted to over 60.00

3) Shopping for holiday meals and entertaining I entered my phone number for my preferred shopper discounts. As the employee rang up my purchases he asked if i had a preferred shoppers card which i replied yes, i had entered my phone number. I asked if i should enter it again and he looked at the register and replied no i have it. The total bill was right at 350.00 and i inquired again if it had taken my preferred customer discounts ..he looked at the register and again confirmed it registered and provided the discount/sale items. I reviewed my receipt and did not find any discounted items. I again stood in the customer service line where she immediately identified it did not register my discount/sale prices. At that time i was refunded 97.00 for the overcharges. I really love my Fry's grocery store but cannot continue to give you my business by paying more than i should be.

At no time as i offered an apology or any goodwill gesture for my time and trouble. We know the golden rule..it takes alot of advertising and expense to capture new customers but it is necessary to focus on existing as well. I have been shopping at this location for 12+ years and would have to take my business elsewhere but sometimes we are given no reason not to

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Store layout, Product and pricing, Convenient location, Hours, Selection, Pharmacy within store.

Comments

I too get ripped off by Frys food every time I shop there, pain to go to customer service where they don't believe you, I too stopped shopping there